The answer –as much or as little as you can afford! You can have a lavish event that tops $100,000 or you can say your vows and entertain your close friends and family for $1500. It all depends. If you are planning a wedding on a budget, we offer some dollar saving tips.
- Avoid a summer wedding. About 70% of US weddings take place between May and October. As couples compete for vendors and venues, prices rise – because they can. Depending on where you live, getting married in the “off” season months can save you money on reception expenses, floral arrangements and photography services.
- Choose a day other than Saturday when most weddings take place. Marrying mid week or Friday night can save rates on room rentals, food and music.
- Look closely at your guest list. Pare it down to include only those persons who are really close and have meaning in your life.
- Have your ceremony and reception in the same place.
- Choose an hour when a meal is not appropriate or necessary. Morning weddings followed by a lovely brunch or a later afternoon ceremony followed by a cocktail reception are wonderful options.
- Use flowers that are in season and fill bouquets with more ribbon and fewer flowers.
- Rather than investing in large floral arrangements in the church and reception areas, consider using rental greenery. It will fill spaces and create more warmth than large stylized arrangements can.
- A good wedding planner can save you time as well money; and most importantly help assure you of one perfect day.
Be honest about your budget and stick with it. Look for ways to economize but know which items are the dearest to you. Always remember that it is the marriage that is important – not the entertainment. Feel free to discuss your plans and concerns with us. We can help you have a gorgeous wedding and save you money in the process.